Crowdfunding Campaign. 04/2013 - 02/2014.
The crowdfunding aimed at two goals.
First, in order to benefit from a funding by the German Federal State of North-Rhine Westphalia (NRW) the C3S needed to provide 50% of project fundings. Limited only to a maximum of 200,000 €, NRW was going to double any amount C3S would come up with.
Secondly, the purpose was to strategically increase the awareness towards C3S and expand the number of supporters. Hence, the ultimate goal was to build and foster a growing basis of members.
It took 10 months of work. The mission had been accomplished successfully.
Two crowdfunding campaigns, the seed capital plus the funding from NRW yielded 370,000 € in total — with all costs paid.
About 2,000 backers supported C3S.
Within six months about 3,000 shares worth 50 € each were purchased by more than 700 members.
- project lead
- project plan
- financial concept & management
- business strategy
- pr & marketing
- partner identification & management
- supporters' contact
- Top 5 crowdfunding projects in Germany
- 117,578 € project funding
- more than 1,750 backers and 1,900 fans for just the first crowdfunding
- an additional 30,000 € founding investment even before the crowdfunding
- 75% increase of followers from 4,100 to 7,250 within 3 months
- more than 700 members just three months after foundation
- worldwide promotion (Sweden, Argentina, US)