Music & Tech Conference. 07/2009 - 04/2012.
When Germany’s most important music conference Popkomm had been cancelled on short notice in 2009, it was grassroots un-convention all2gethernow that filled the void. And it was here to stay.
Following a Twitter call to replace and break down the conservative, dust preserving ruins of Popkomm, a small team gathered in Berlin. Within nine weeks of preparation an intimate convention arose from the music, culture and blogger communities of Berlin and beyond.
Previously, I had translated musicologist Andrew Dubber’s book “The 20 Things You Must Know About Music Online”. I convinced him to submit a paper for Popkomm and join in as a speaker, adding a fresh breeze to a rusty business. With the cancellation of Popkomm I immediately contacted the all2gethernow team in Berlin.
I joined as a curator for five sessions on licensing and DIY music, moderated two panels and presented one topic on my own. With a timeframe of less than one week, I did the booking and arrangement of a gig by Amanda Palmer — which turned out to be the musical highlight of the convention.
- DIY Artists: Q&A With Amanda Palmer and Georgia Wonder (Pt. 1), moderated by Wolfgang Senges and Björn Michael Braun
- DIY Artists: Q&A With Amanda Palmer and Georgia Wonder (Pt. 2), moderated by Wolfgang Senges and Björn Michael Braun
- Music As Culture (Pt. 1), with Andrew Dubber
- Music As Culture (Pt. 2), with Andrew Dubber
- Peter Radszuhn (Musikjournalist)
- Martin Brem (Head of Music Portfolio @ Red Bull Media House)
- John Watts (Fischer Z)
- Wolfgang Senges